Wednesday, April 18, 2007


with this whole Virginia tech thing it makes me think what if it happened here. I mean, it could EASILY happen here. granted i'm no longer in the dorms, but i do go to classes.



What if....

I'm not one to really live off of "what if's" ...."what if it rains, what if i get hit by a car when i get the mail, what if i get struck by lightning, what if i brake my ankle playing basketball...." i hate that.


but really this situation is real. (not that getting hit by a car isn't but you get it) I'm in college. there are thousands of people on campus every day, what if some guy just loses it. what if this VT thing sparks it and he (or she i guess) runs with it. I stayed up till 1 flipping back and forth between news stations. There was coverage of when President Bush spoke, and the entire Colosseum erupted with chants of "lets go Hokies"

I got chills. I got that lump in my throat.

After watching numerous interviews with students and different officers i started to think about what i would do if i was in that situation.

I'd like to think that i would be brave, and fearless and barricade the door to my classroom or try and help people escape somehow. but would i really react that way? or would i be the first one out the window. I always visioned myself being brave. and fearless of death because i know i have eternal life, so if i could save even ONE person and have my life be a witness, and have them find out, the reason she stayed behind and let you go, was because she sacrificed her life, so you might live, just as Christ did.



i'd do it in a heart beat.


and if i didn't for some reason, i'd probably die of guilt. i wouldn't sleep, i would stay up thinking about what i should have done.



Our student body is holding a moment of silence tonight. we're also sending out support cards signed by us. I think that's cool. Its too bad that tragedy has to happen to bring people together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home