Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nnnnnneeerrrrddddd



i've come to the realization that i am a nerd. not the sterotypical nerd with taped glasses and suspenders...i guess a better word would be...different.(?)


I've realized this because yesterday after class, do what i do every day...

>walk approximitly 7 minuts home to my townhouse.

>come to my door, usually inhaleing a little cigarette smoke from my fellow neighbors.

>scare one of the 15 cats that hang around the complex

>search for my keys...this, my friends should be a blog within itself. are they in the front pocket? no...oh, my purse, i put them there...no...gah. wait...no...ya...found them. at the bottom of my backpack, usually pulling up a few granola bar wrappers stuck in my lanyerd.

>attempt to make my "house key" fit into my "house" key hole. jiggle around till my doorhandle with a mind of its own allows me to enter.

>drop the back pack by the door.

>beam line it to the kitchen

>open each cuppard looking for the perfect afternoon/early evening snack.

>partake of the sweet manna from heaven

>start on homework.

>take a break from homework.

>get on netflix

-this is where my nerdy-ness comes in-

instead of browsing the latest award-winning films. i find myself perusing the Documentaries. mostly by National Geographic and a couple political ones, just because i like to see what's being said, and supposedly researched. I've probably got just as many Documentaries as i do entertaining films. so...when i caught myself looking up different documentaries, i stopped. looked at myself and shook my head..."i am ridiculous" is what i said to myself.


SO. all that to say. I'm a nerd who's favorite channel is the National Geographic Channel and Discovery Channel.

2 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Sydney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Sydney said...

Don't worry beth, it's only me...
Laughing at your key search! the wrapper thing, you're SO mom...and the cats, I remember the cats, sort-a spooky...good descriptive post, I'm chuckling a loud reading! I love visualizing your routines.
Sorry I haven't signed you up on Netfilx friends...I've watched some great documentaries and some really BORING ones...It's good to get all perspectives on issues, keeping in mind of course, doucmentries are slanted to what ever issue they're representing. No nerd there...edcuation...As for me, I've enjoyed my fair share of foregin films as of late...sub titles and everything...I'll be sure to re-visit the friend addition option.
Nothing but love my sister. Keep up the updates...love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home